Fix WordPress CRONs on Media Temple (dv) Servers
When I switched from Dreamhost shared hosting to Media Temple (dv) server hosting, I had a hell of a time trying to figure out why CRONs weren't working correctly on the website. I had database backups being sent via CRON jobs so making sure CRONs were working was imperative. What's great is that the way to make these Wordpress CRONs work was by...setting up a CRON.
To get things working, you should:
- Log into your Media Temple (dv) control panel.
- Navigate to the domain and click the "Crontab" icon.
- Click "Schedule a Task"
- Configure the time and frequency of the CRON to any way you'd like.
- Set the "command" value to:
- Replace the fake IP in the command above with the IP address of your website.
That's all! Hitting the wp-cron.php file with the CRON will ensure you database backups and other scheduled tasks will run at proper intervals!
CSS animations are a lot of fun; the beauty of them is that through many simple properties, you can create anything from an elegant fade in to a WTF-Pixar-would-be-proud effect. One CSS effect somewhere in between is the CSS flip effect, whereby there's...