Explaining file management on the web to my customers is always a difficult part of my job. I have to explain that there's no "undo," that filenames are case-sensitive, and that the web doesn't accommodate drag and drop like their OS allows them to do. Christoph Pojer's newest creation, MooTools FileManager, changes all that.
MooTools FileManager is an ajaxified filesystem web interface. Features include:
- Browse through Files and Folders on your Server
- Rename, Delete, Move (Drag&Drop), Copy (Drag + hold CTRL) and Download Files
- View detailed Previews of Images, Text-Files, Compressed-Files or Audio Content
- Nice User Interface
- Upload Files via FancyUpload (integrated Feature)
- Option to automatically resize big Images when uploading
- Use it to select a File anywhere you need to specify one inside your Application's Backend
- Use as a FileManager in TinyMCE
- Provides your Client with the most possible convenience
What are you waiting for? Check out the demo and grab the source!
San Francisco, CA · January 20-22
Get 20% off with
CSS animations are a lot of fun; the beauty of them is that through many simple properties, you can create anything from an elegant fade in to a WTF-Pixar-would-be-proud effect. One CSS effect somewhere in between is the CSS flip effect, whereby there's...
It's best practice to provide an indicator of some sort when performing an AJAX request or processing that takes place in the background. Since the dawn of AJAX, we've been using colorful spinners and imagery as indicators. While I enjoy those images, I am...
One of the little known HTML5 APIs is the window.postMessage API.
window.postMessage allows for sending data messages between two windows/frames across domains. Essentially window.postMessage acts as cross-domain AJAX without the server shims. Let's take a look at how
window.postMessage works and how you...