Poll Follow Up: How Many Domains Do You Own?
It was interesting to see how many domains you all had. I'm a serial domain buyer. Ever since I bought my first domain, DWIZZLE.COM (which I stupidly let go), I loved the power that it gave. Apparently many of you agreed:
|Number of Domains||Percentage||Votes|
|More Than 20||12%||53 votes|
Here's an honest rundown of my domains:
- 305JIVE.COM - I lived with friends at a house who's address was 305. And we talk a lot of smack. So the 305 Jive it was.
- ABROKENARROW.COM - An awesome Rod Stewart song.
- BLUDICE.COM - This was my blog's original domain.
- CONCERT-FLASHING.COM - Not embarassed by this at all -- I've been trying to sell it for a few years now and no one is biting.
- DAVID-WALSH.COM - I'd like this to be my main domain but it's too late.
- DAVIDWALSH.NAME - You figure this out....
- DEVGODS.COM - This was a bright idea that never took.
- GETTINITSTARTED.COM - I used to have a portal for my friends here, but then this little startup called Facebook got popularity.
- IFRAGGEDYOU.COM - I just love this one and what it stands for. I used to be a badass Call of Duty 2 hitman and I'd take screenshots of people I smoked.
- MCFARLAND-FIRE.COM - My little bro's soccer team's website.
- SCRIPTANDSTYLE.COM - Where you can become a better designer and developer.
- WYNQ.COM - The domain for my freelance business, Wynq Web Labs.
A good domain name is golden. Too bad there are scores of domain squatters preventing some potentially huge sites from lifting off.