David Walsh on Shop Talk Show
Just wanted to throw you quick heads up that I was recently a guest on Chris Coyier's Shop Talk Show podcast! Here is the topic rundown:
David Walsh is a MooTools lover, recent Mozilla-er, and (for a final “M”), fellow original Madisonian with Chris. David has been writing at his blog The David Walsh Blog for over five years. We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- Should you use
em on everything, even padding?
- Why the huge differences between Google Analytics and StatCounter?
- Is an direct editing through FTP based workflow still OK for “small” sites?
- How do you fight carpal tunnel and tendonitis? (or is it RSI?)
- What is a good example of a responsive eCommerce site? (United Pixelworkers)
- Should you conditionally load resources for sub pages or just load everything on all pages?
Check it out if you get a chance!
It's no secret that Facebook has become a major traffic driver for all types of websites. Nowadays even large corporations steer consumers toward their Facebook pages instead of the corporate websites directly. And of course there are Facebook "Like" and "Recommend" widgets on every website. One...
If you're still rocking an iPhone and fancy taking a photo every now and then, you'd be crazy not to be using an app called Instagram. With Instagram you take the photos just as you would with your native iPhone camera app, but Instagram...
Both of the two great browser vendors, Google and Mozilla, have Extensions pages that utilize simple but classy animation effects to enhance the page. One of the extensions used by Google is a basic margin-top animation to switch between two panes: a graphic pane...