David Walsh on Shop Talk Show
Just wanted to throw you quick heads up that I was recently a guest on Chris Coyier's Shop Talk Show podcast! Here is the topic rundown:
David Walsh is a MooTools lover, recent Mozilla-er, and (for a final “M”), fellow original Madisonian with Chris. David has been writing at his blog The David Walsh Blog for over five years. We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- Should you use
em on everything, even padding?
- Why the huge differences between Google Analytics and StatCounter?
- Is an direct editing through FTP based workflow still OK for “small” sites?
- How do you fight carpal tunnel and tendonitis? (or is it RSI?)
- What is a good example of a responsive eCommerce site? (United Pixelworkers)
- Should you conditionally load resources for sub pages or just load everything on all pages?
Check it out if you get a chance!
You've probably heard the talk around the water cooler about how promises are the future. All of the cool kids are using them, but you don't see what makes them so special. Can't you just use a callback? What's the big deal? In this article, we'll...
One of the web components I've always loved has been Facebook's modal dialog. This "lightbox" isn't like others: no dark overlay, no obnoxious animating to size, and it doesn't try to do "too much." With Facebook's dialog in mind, I've created LightFace: a Facebook lightbox...
I'm 31 years old and feel like I've been in the web development game for centuries. We knew forever that layouts in CSS were a nightmare and we all considered flexbox our savior. Whether it turns out that way remains to be seen but flexbox does easily...