David Walsh on Shop Talk Show
Just wanted to throw you quick heads up that I was recently a guest on Chris Coyier's Shop Talk Show podcast! Here is the topic rundown:
David Walsh is a MooTools lover, recent Mozilla-er, and (for a final “M”), fellow original Madisonian with Chris. David has been writing at his blog The David Walsh Blog for over five years. We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- Should you use
em on everything, even padding?
- Why the huge differences between Google Analytics and StatCounter?
- Is an direct editing through FTP based workflow still OK for “small” sites?
- How do you fight carpal tunnel and tendonitis? (or is it RSI?)
- What is a good example of a responsive eCommerce site? (United Pixelworkers)
- Should you conditionally load resources for sub pages or just load everything on all pages?
Check it out if you get a chance!
This is the hardest thing I've ever had to write, much less admit to myself. I've written resignation letters from jobs I've loved, I've ended relationships, I've failed at a host of tasks, and let myself down in my life. All of those feelings were very...
Recently I was asked to create a user interface that allows someone to upload an image
to a server (among other things) so that it could be used in the various web sites my
company provides to its clients. Normally this would be an easy task—create a...
I get quite a few support requests for my previous MooTools SmoothScroll article and the issue usually boils down to the fact that SmoothScroll has become Fx.SmoothScroll. Here's a simple usage of Fx.SmoothScroll.
The only HTML requirement for Fx.SmoothScroll is that all named...