Slides Review: Create Awesome Animated Websites
- Slides Framework is a powerful site generator for animated, elegant websites
- Slides provides numerous templates to choose from
- Slides templates are responsive and retina quality
- Slides lets you preview your animated site at any time
- Slides can easily be rearranged to match your prototype's flow
- Slides provides dozens of "modules", or widgets, to add to slides to make them more dynamic
- Slides is developer-friendly; generated code is well-formatted and easily customizable
- Slides provides a download/export functionality to get all website files when your site is done
- Slides is frequently updated, adding new features all the time, ranging from adding integrations, navigation styles, modules, parallax properties, and more.
Slides starts with a massive listing of interesting slides categories by type, ranging from basic informational slides to specialized slides with forms, videos, and other traditional types. Clicking a slide adds it to your site flow, and you can drag and drop slides
What I find most impressive about Slides is that the attention paid to detail is superb; every gesture, both on desktop and mobile, does exactly what I expect from it: swipes, both vertically and horizontally, move to the next or previous logical slide; I love well-done UX.
Along with the default slide layouts and widgets, you can also customize slide transitions. Additionally, you can tweak other site generator settings:
Slides also integrates with dozens of well known third parties to provide users a more consuming experience while allowing you, the developer, to get and display the information you need:
Once the slides you want are generated, you can export the code for the. The code is well formatted, which you don't always expect from a generator. This code formatting allows the developer to jump in and add custom code, as well as promote an easy maintenance experience.
Slides Framework is a really impressive product that does everything it can to put the developer in the best possible position: a slide editor to pick from a listing, pre-made widgets and slides to choose from, responsively styled design, and fully customizable code you can download and hack to your heart's content. I'd love Slides for a product site or a working prototype -- it's really that impressive.