David Walsh on Shop Talk Show
Just wanted to throw you quick heads up that I was recently a guest on Chris Coyier's Shop Talk Show podcast! Here is the topic rundown:
David Walsh is a MooTools lover, recent Mozilla-er, and (for a final “M”), fellow original Madisonian with Chris. David has been writing at his blog The David Walsh Blog for over five years. We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- Should you use
em on everything, even padding?
- Why the huge differences between Google Analytics and StatCounter?
- Is an direct editing through FTP based workflow still OK for “small” sites?
- How do you fight carpal tunnel and tendonitis? (or is it RSI?)
- What is a good example of a responsive eCommerce site? (United Pixelworkers)
- Should you conditionally load resources for sub pages or just load everything on all pages?
Check it out if you get a chance!
One of my favorite social APIs was the Open Graph API adopted by Facebook. Adding just a few META tags to each page allowed links to my article to be styled and presented the way I wanted them to, giving me a bit of control...
I was inspired when I first saw Addy Osmani's original ShineTime blog post. The hover sheen effect is simple but awesome. When I started my blog redesign, I really wanted to use a sheen effect with my logo. Using two HTML elements and...
I didn't realize that I truly was a nerd until I could admit to myself that ASCII art was better than the pieces Picasso, Monet, or Van Gogh could create. ASCII art is unmatched in its beauty, simplicity, and ... OK, well, I'm being ridiculous; ASCII...