David Walsh on Shop Talk Show
Just wanted to throw you quick heads up that I was recently a guest on Chris Coyier's Shop Talk Show podcast! Here is the topic rundown:
David Walsh is a MooTools lover, recent Mozilla-er, and (for a final “M”), fellow original Madisonian with Chris. David has been writing at his blog The David Walsh Blog for over five years. We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- Should you use
em on everything, even padding?
- Why the huge differences between Google Analytics and StatCounter?
- Is an direct editing through FTP based workflow still OK for “small” sites?
- How do you fight carpal tunnel and tendonitis? (or is it RSI?)
- What is a good example of a responsive eCommerce site? (United Pixelworkers)
- Should you conditionally load resources for sub pages or just load everything on all pages?
Check it out if you get a chance!
new Element Madness
The first way to create UI-driven...
Yeah, I'm a Photoshop wizard. I rock the selection tool. I crop like a farmer. I dominate the bucket tool. Hell, I even went as far as wielding the wizard wand selection tool once.
...OK I'm rubbish when it comes to Photoshop....
The idea of CSS sprites is pretty genius. For those of you who don't know the idea of a sprite, a sprite is basically multiple graphics compiled into one image. The advantages of using sprites are:
Fewer images for the browser to download, which means...